Tuesday 21 April 2015

My Foundation Routine


Hey my lovelies, I hope you're all well and are having a good day wherever you are in the world. Today's post I have for you is my foundation routine where I show you all the products I use, how I apply, how well they work and the coverage it gives me.

Firstly, is the most important for me and for everyone one I think and that is moisturize! My skin is very sensitive and dry so literally the worst skin type that can be very hard to work with especially when it comes to wearing foundation. I usually use the Simple Replenishing Moisturizer but some times I use Nivea Creme, it's a family favorite which I spoke about in this post.

Next up is primer, this makes you foundation and other face products to last longer, helps to smooth over your face and make it a nice canvas ready for your foundation, I use the Rimmel Fix And Perfect Pro Primer which I find really does help make my foundation set nicely on the skin, I also like to use the Benefit Porefessional Primer on my cheeks, nose, chin and forehead so basically my T-zone as my pores aren't very small and this helps to blur them.

Now it's time to apply my foundation which currently I am using the L'Oréal Lumi Magique Foundation, this foundation is a dream for me I love it so much and definitely is one of my favorites out of every foundation I've tried. If you want to find out more about it and what I think then I have a review on it here. I apply this foundation with my damp Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge aka the very popular Beauty Blender. I much prefer using this than a brush because as the sponge is dampened it helps set the foundation into the skin to make it look more skin like and it helps with covering my dry patches so they don't look obvious. Some times I do like to use the Real Techniques Stippling Brush if I can't be bothered with wetting the sponge or am travelling.

After foundation it's concealer time and once again I use 2 which are the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in fair and Maybelline Eye Eraser Concealer in light. I use the Collection one for my blemishes and the Maybelline one under my eyes as it's made specifically to conceal under eye darkness so it's going to be hydrating and won't crease. I usually like to apply these with my ring finger as it's the most softest touch finger and the warmness of your finger helps to blend them much better into the skin. To set the concealer under my eyes I like to use a banana/yellow colored powder as it does amazingly at adding more brightness, I've literally become obsessed with using it I think it does wonders. I have a couple palettes with this type of powder in which are the Sleek Corrector and Conceal Palette, Barry M Contour Kit and Seventeen Define and Conquer Contour Kit, they're all very similar in shades, all yellow toned powder so all three do the trick!

Last step for me is not always necessary for me and that's to powder the remainder of my face I use the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent and the brush I use is the Real Techniques Blush Brush, as I have dry skin some times I don't need to use powder but I do like to powder after I've contoured and applied blush on my face as it blends and softens it. But my contour routine is a whole other post that I will do, so keep a look out for that in the future.


 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-56593726-1