Tuesday 19 May 2015

Soap & Glory First Impressions Review


Hey my lovelies, I hope you're all well and are having a good day wherever you are in the world. Today I'm reviewing the 3 new skin care products Soap & Glory have released which are the 'Big Clean' Duo which I'm sure you've all heard of or seen lately in Boots on introductory promo.

I bought them last month and they were in at an introductory price as £6 each and as I'm a lover of Soap & Glory's bath and body products I thought I'd give them a try. I've tested them out a fair few times, enough to tell you what I think and if I'd put them in my daily skin care routine.

First up is the Drama Clean 5-in-1 Micellar Cleansing Water, so it claims 5 things which are cleanse, tone, melts make-up, dissolves dirt, smoothes and soothes, I personally think that is a lot to claim to but I love micellar cleansing waters and I know how good they can be. Now with my personal experience I thought it was rubbish removing my make-up, face make-up I think it removes perfectly but eye make-up it was crap at. I know usually you would have a micellar water for eye make-up remover that has oil in but my trusty L'oréal Paris Perfection Micellar Water melts my eye make-up perfectly. But this Soap & Glory one don't, it leaved blackness smudged all around my eyes (I didn't have waterproof mascara on, it was regulars) and it also stung them which once again my L'oréal one don't do (review for that here). The only thing I do like about this product is the scent, it's cucumber and that instantly makes me think it would be so nice to my skin but I don't think this product is.

Next is the Peaches And Clean Deep Cleansing Milk, this also claims that it's a 4-in-1 product so it's supposed to purify, clarify, dissolve make-up, energize and smooth. I didn't use this to remove my make-up because I used the micellar water for that, I used this as a face wash to make sure everything is off of my face. I do think this product is the most decent one out of the trio and I may test it out longer with my normal skin care routine to see how it does.

Lastly is the Face Soap & Clarity 3-in-1 Daily Detox Vitamin C Facial Wash, it claims to smooth, clean and purify. It has little beads in there to also act as a scrub to remove dead skin cells and dirt but I found they were to fine and didn't do anything, it also leaves my face feeling like a plastic wrapper which I didn't like. Once again it didn't do anything amazing to my skin or actually anything to it.

Overall with these new products I am highly disappointed and most definitely won't repurchase, and I'm also thinking of what I'm going to do with them as I know I won't use them. Anyway, I hope you liked this post, I know it's a negative one but maybe these products would be a different experience to you but I wouldn't recommend them.

 photo signature.png

2 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of Peaches and Clean, I have been using it for a while now and its really good for my skin. I haven't tried the other two, such a shame you didn't get on with them.
    Zoe xx
    www.zoeliannex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will test the peaches and clean out further because I didn't find this one too horrific compared to the other 2. I know I was so excited for this trio as well. :( Xo

      Delete

UA-56593726-1