Thursday 20 March 2014

Operation Healthy Long Locks

My hair has pretty much always been a decent longish length, apart from a couple awkward cuts when I was younger but aside from that I would say my hair's been long all my life.

I was browsing blogs and saw a post on them documenting on growing their hair, not only longer but also healthier and at the moment I'm trying to take the best care of my hair to get it passed my boob stage as it seems to have stayed that length for years, I would say my hair isn't in a bad state and is fairly healthy. I get my hair trimmed every other time I have my hair dyed, which is probably every 3/4 months. So as I'm doing this, why not document it on here as well, that way i'd be able to see changes more clearly than if I didn't document it.

During this process I'm not going to use much heat tools on my hair, whenever I'd use heat I would use heat protectant and if I'm honest I haven't used heat tools on my hair since new years eve, my natural hair texture is decent, it has a little wave to it but it's not frizzy I like the way it looks. I only heat style my hair when I'm going for night out or a special occasion.

I have a hair treatment that I'm going to use for growing my hair longer and healthy which is the Lee Stafford Treatment For Hair That Never Grows Past A Certain Length, I have read a lot of great reviews about this stuff that it has helped people's hair get longer and much healthier so I'm going to give it a go. I bought this treatment a while a go, used it a few times on the ends of my hair, then pushed the product to the side for no reason but now I dug it out because of all the great reviews. It costs £7.99 which is a little pricey for some people that I've read reviews from as the pot isn't all that big and with the amount you'd put on your hair at a time it won't last as long as say like the Macadamia Deep Repair Masque as an example.

On the pot of the product it says hair growth treatment with pro-growth complex for strength from within. Protein based complex to fertilize your follicles, creating a healthy environment on the scalp to help hair grow faster and reach its maximum potential length."If the earth's not nourished you'll never grow beautiful flowers" What I think people get mixed up with on products when they say they're not doing what they say is that they expect the product to magically grow your hair and make it healthy just by using that. That's not the case, the product helps contribute to long and healthy hair along with your diet. What you put in your body will show on the outside as well. So if you had a healthy diet with plenty of fruit, vegetables, protein ect then you'd have healthier hair, body and overall health. It's not all going to be accomplished by the products you use on the outside of your body.

It also says:
  • Vital hair and scalp complex helps to reduce hair loss.
  • Improves follicle health which in turn increases the ability of the hair to anchor to the scalp.
  • Soothing formulation reduces irritation and moisturizes the scalp.
  • Addresses hair and scalp ageing at the cellular level.
  • Improvement in tensile strength to give body and texture by penetrating the hair reaching the inner cortex.
  • Improves volume and feel of the hair.

How you use this treatment is to grab a nice little palm full of the product and smother it from the roots to the tips of your hair after you have shampoo'd like normal and rinsed, then wait 5 minutes till rinsing the treatment off and after you would condition as normal. I will be using the treatment every time I wash my hair until I feel as if my hair doesn't need to every wash.

Now I've got to admit the first few times I used this treatment I just put it on my ends because I thought it would make my hair greasy and flat if I put it on my roots but now I use it the right way and my hair feels clean and still has my natural volume.



 Another treatment I will use is coconut oil, which I will use once a week to drench my hair in for an hour or two before I wash my hair as normal. Coconut oil has so many benefits not only for your hair but your body, skin and overall health. I will be doing a post on coconut oil, much like the post I did with the lemon water.


To make sure my hair is getting as much vitamins ect to it I'm taking tablets which are cod liver oil and biotin as I've read that many people take these for their hair and I used these before Christmas and my hair did feel like it got much longer and healthier but after I'd taken all the tablets I didn't re-buy them until now. I will do a post focused on this pills also asap.


I will document my hairs progress every month and hoping it really does improve, so stay tuned to my results. I have Ombré and I know bleaching my ends isn't going to be the best for growing my hair but I won't be bleaching it often as the effect is meant to be on middle to ends of the hair so growing it out will look nice whatever the wait from bleaching it again. At the moment my hair is a couple centimeters away from the bottom of my bra cups when my hair is pulled round the front and when my hair is down my back it reaches the small/middle of my back, which is a couple of centimeters below my bra strap.





No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-56593726-1