Thursday 24 November 2016

My Autumn and Winter Lipsticks

Hey my lovelies, I hope you're all well and are having a good day wherever you are in the world.


As I've mentioned many, many times Autumn and Winter are my favourite season for so many reasons and one is the lip colour trends are more berry, burgundy and darker toned colours and they're my favourite shades of lipsticks. So I thought I'd share my favourites for the Autumn and Winter seasons.


I have done a whole blog post reviewing these very recently here if you were looking and interested a full review. The shades that I'm loving are currently Beeper is warm mid-toned taupe, Trap is a dusty grey beige, Lumiére 2 is a dusty mauve pink/purple and Tulle is a dusty mauve burgundy. These shades are very popular within the beauty community and no doubt you've probably heard of them. They're very affordable prices but are sold online not in-store. They're very pigmented, easy to apply and long lasting.

NYX Lip Lingérie 
I've also done a full review on this product hereI've only tried 3 shades in this range and am obsessed with them. The colour that is my favourite and is more suited for Autumn and Winter wear is the shade 02 Embellishment, this is a dusty muted purple grey toned shade. It's a very unique shade, you definitely won't come across too many colours like this. I'm obsessed.

Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream
Oh yes, another lip product that's a matte liquid lipstick! I'm sorry but they're just so in trend right now, everyone and their mother are wearing matte liquid lipsticks basically because of Kylie Jenner. She's the Queen of make-up right now as her cosmetic line is killing the game. Anyway back to Sleek Matte Me, the shade I'm loving is Velvet Slipper it's a deep dusty mauve pink. Once again this shade is quite unique, I found it heart to describe this beautiful shade.

MAC Satin Lipstick
I've finished with liquid lipsticks, now the remaining 2 are regular lipsticks. A Satin Mac Lipstick in the shade Rebel, it's a mid-toned plum and this was my first Mac lipstick and Mac product I'd bought. I literally bought it in the winter time, December 2014 to be exact haha. This is a beautiful colour, you can apply it and it not be that opaque and strong if you're not that brave or you can really build it up which is what I like to do. It feels very moisturising and creamy, so when I don't feel like wearing a liquid lipstick that drys my lips out I turn to this one.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick
These lipsticks have 2 finishes which are matte and créme. The shade I have is Va Va Violet and it's a créme finish, it's a deep toned true purple and purple is my favourite ever colour and I love this shade when I want to be super vampy/grunge. Like the Mac lipstick, this can be applied lightly or build it to be very opaque and dark. I also think it looks better with lip liner underneath which brings me to my last lip products.

Barry M Lip Liner
I love this lip liner, it's stiff to apply but the colour applies nicely. I prefer my lip liner to be more stiff, I also find the liner lasts longer when it's stiff whether the creamy liners get used so much quicker. I'm not quite sure on the shade of this it's either wine or plum, it's not on the pencil and I've had it for a fair while so I've forgot but it's basically a deep purple. If I have a dark, mauve, purple lip then I've 90% of the time got this underneath the lipstick. I even wear this on its own sometimes.



I hope you enjoyed this post. And maybe I've introduced you into shades you haven't come across or don't have or even a product. What are your favourite lip shades/products for Autumn and Winter time? Be sure to leave comments below or speak to me on my social media, links below. Thank you. MWAH!

 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-56593726-1